Thursday, September 27, 2012

Eric Sprott - Finding Value in Zero Rate World

Always nice to see one of my favourite precious metals commentators and investors happy :-)

Squawk Box: With interest rates near zero, where can you find value in a low to no-yield environment? Joining us now is Eric Sprott, CEO and CIO at Sprott Asset Management. A long/short equity strategy with $10 billion in assets, over 80% of the fund is allocated in precious metals, is there anyone that liked QE3 more than you, Eric? 

Eric Sprott: I don't think anybody has quite the concentration that we have Joe, but we're happy to have it, by the way. Happy to have the concentration. Happy to have QE3.

Takeaway quote from Eric:

I never would've imagined when I got involved in gold I would have the benefit of irresponsible money printing, bank runs that are ongoing as we witnessed in the various countries in Europe. Those two ingredients along with the QE3 which has been announced I think will be a huge tail wind for gold and other precious metals to go higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment