Friday, September 28, 2012

Drowning in Sorrow

I just received an offer for a transfer of management of vestial super funds from an employer super fund to the oft advertised Australian Super. The attached page caught my eye, I am very impressed with Australian Super's stellar performance compared to the industry benchmark. I am especially  impressed by the significant out performance of their Balanced option over 5 years of 0.02% pa compared to the industry benchmark of -0.2% pa.

I am really kicking myself when I think back to when I rolled out of my employer's Balanced option 5+ years ago, then stupidly invested almost of all of the funds (against all my friends and family advice) in precious metals and only managed a woeful 40% pa avg 5 year return. I so wish I had the foresight at that time to switch to Australian Super and have the professional assistance and management of one of Australia's the top ten best-performing super funds. What I fool I have been! .....makes me want to drown my sorrows in a bottle of Grange :'-(

No comments:

Post a Comment