Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Capital Controls in the Land of the Free

As predicted on this blog capital controls are coming to the USA. Detailed below is just the start.

From Mish:

A securities analyst sent a note this morning "I just received this today from a company I have used for 3 years."

He was referring to a memo from Currency Online regarding Restriction of our service to USA based clients

Regrettably I write to inform you that, due to changes in legislation, we will be unable to continue to offer our international money transfer services to clients located in the United States of America (USA). As a result, any existing transactions that you have outstanding with Currency Online will be completed in the normal way, however you will be unable to undertake any new transfers......read on
I checked the Capital Online site myself and this is the warning you get if you click on "Open an Account":

No comments:

Post a Comment